Bonefishing • Reef Fishing • Island Hopping• Island Drop Off and Pick Up • Half / Full Day Fishing • Uninhabited Islands
A 4 pound bonefish can tear away 200 yards of line on the first run. Eight-pounders can take an hour to land. All will run 5 to 10 times before you finally win.
You will find exceptionally fine bonefishing in Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, and Captain Barr Gardiner is an exceptionally seasoned guide (35 years experience in these waters) who knows the best fishing around the island.
- Autumn: Excellent time for large bonefish. Conditions are generally quite pleasant, although there is a chance for a late hurricane or cool weather. The average high temperature is 80 degrees Farenheit, with the low around 70 degrees.
- Winter: The best time for tailing fish. Daytime temperatures in the 70’sm night time in the 60’s. Weather may vary through cool, cloudy, windy or rainy.
- Spring: Warm water and calm winds stimulate the bonefish to school together. It’s exciting for the angler. You’ll see hundreds of fish and have the opportunity to cast to the larger fish on the flats.
- Summer: Classic tailing time for bonefish on the flats in the cool of early morning and late evening.
- Nine to ten foot 7 to 9 weight fly rod for bonefish. Nine to ten foot 9 to 10 weight fly rod for barracuda. We suggest you bring two or three rods.
- Weight floating saltwater taper fly lines in the appropriate weights. Spinning tackle is optional. We recommend light tackle 7 to 10 foot, 4 to 10 pound test line, buck tail jigs, wiggle jigs, all in 1/4 oz. flies.
- Merkin crab, shrimp, crazy charlies, bonefish special, epoxy shrimp, puff flies. Colored or dark flies equally acceptable. Bottom is sand, coral and grass.
Spend a day on another island. Drop off and pick up. Iguana watching.
Whether we fish from the boat or wade the shallow waters of the tidal flats, bonefishing is an exciting, unforgettable experience. Our guide is trained to ensure that it is also a safe and positive one.
Bring extra rods, rigged for different species of fish. Fly casting for bonefish and other game fish is great sport, but fishing with light or ultra light tackle is also fun. So bring your spin gear and light tackle and come prepared to fight, for the “bones” and barracudas around Providenciales are always ready for action!
8 AM – 12 Noon
8 AM – 4 PM
- All trips include bait, tackle, fuel, soft drinks and water.
A credit card or cash deposit of 50% is required in order to hold your reservation. Please email me with your request and be sure to include your “reply” email address so that I can confirm your reservation electronically.
WE ACCEPT MAJOR CREDIT CARDS.
Captain Barr Gardiner
Bonefish Unlimited, Ltd.
PO Box 241, Providenciales
Turks and Caicos Islands, BWI
- Office: 305-897-0225
- Home: 649-946-4874
- Cellular: 649-231-0133
- Fax: 649-946-4874
- E-mail: bonefishprovo